Code of Ethics
The following code is intended to aid members of the Houston Gulf Coast Alarm Association, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “Members” or “We”) and their employees, individually, and collectively in maintaining a high level of ethical conduct. It is involved out of the experience of Members and is binding on all Member firms and their staff.
- We will always design and sell systems and equipment according to the customer’s needs, with the customers welfare of primary importance.
- We will further the public interest by contributing to the development of a better understanding and use of the capacities, abilities, and technical skills of the electrical protection industry, Harris County, and neighboring counties and by accepting our responsibilities to the communities within which we live and work.
- We will present our qualifications to prospective clients solely in terms of our ability, experience, and reputation and will strive continuously to improve our knowledge, skills, and techniques to make available to our clients the benefits of our professional attainments.
- We will always be mindful of the trust placed in us by our customers and of our responsibility to render services at the highest level of quality. In so doing, we will endeavor to acquire additional knowledge and competence and to keep up with significant advances in the state of the art.
- We will maintain the confidentiality of customer’s and subscriber’s records and information.
- We will assure that all of our employees are carefully trained so that they will clearly understand company operations, policies, and procedures and their relationship with each customer.
- We will respect the reputation and practice of other firms in the electrical protection industry, and will be truthful and fair when referring to them. We will expose without hesitation, conduct that may be unethical to the proper HGCAA authority.